Monday, 16 January 2012

Lovely Leighton Denny...

I was playing around with my nail polishes the other day and came across this little lovely - The Heiress by Leighton Denny




This is a lovely blue tinged purple colour. Its great quality. The above picture was taken with 2 coats and was fully opaque. Its not streaky either. Wear time is excellent with all Leighton Denny polishes that i've tried, usually 3-4 days without chipping.


I also had a play around with a new Models Own nail polish that I got - Juicy Jules. This is the first models own polish i've ever owned. I've seen this on a fair few other blogs and so wanted to give it a try. Its a gorgeous silver glitter. The picture below shows it layered over The Heiress




It was super hard to get a picture of this one and this was the best I could do. I really like the look it gives. Juicy Jules is quite a thick formula so it was pretty hard to try to get just a sweep of glitter over the top. Its a look i've been able to achieve with ease with Illamasquas Spartan glitter but this one is trickier to work with. I'm not sure how this would hold up on its own without some sort of base colour as I get the feeling it would take a lot of coats to make it opaque. 


Bottom line is, I love the Leighton Denny, I LIKE the Models Own. I'm not sure that I would purchase another Models Own glitter - maybe if it was in the sales!


Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment