Wednesday, 4 April 2012

How I Love Thee Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow...

The following product has caused quite the stir in the beauty world. I read a number of blogs, some of which are by lovely ladies across the atlantic in the USA or Canada. I've seen this product on these blogs for quite some time and was gutted to find out they weren't available for me to immediately snap up here in the uk...well, they are now and they're selling super fast, so fast that they're sold out in a number of places. The product i'm talking about is the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hour eyeshadow (check the US spelling!)





The shade I picked up is 35- On and on Bronze. I love this. Seriously, I can't say enough good things about this. This performs the way that I had hoped the Mac Paint Pot would.


The comparisons between Mac Paint Pots and these are inevitable but really, the comparisons end with the packaging. The Color Tattoo Eyeshadows come in a similar glass pot and, ok, I guess they have a similar gel-cream texture to the paint pots but I think these are creamier and far superior. 


The pigmentation is intense. I've hardly had to use any product to get a gorgeous deep and shiny colour. 


I can't vouch for the 24 hour claim, however, I have worn this for over 12 hours and I can honestly say, it lasted that length of time with the same colour intensity and absolutely no creasing. This stayed where I put it. It dries very quickly so if you want to blend you need to be quick but thats a small price to pay for amazing pigmentation and lasting power.


So on to the colour that I picked. This is a really gorgeous neutral bronzy brown. These come in a variety of different colours (the bright blue and purple look particularly intense) but I thought this was the most wearable. Plus, I actually couldn't pick any more up as this was the last one left on the stand bar one blue one!


I've taken a couple of pictures from slightly different angles to show you not only the colour but the incredible shine that comes with this product..also please note that I couldn't wait to use it so it has been used in these pictures.





As you can see from the pictures above, this product can look quite golden bronze depending on what light you're in.


Ive been wearing this as both an eyeshadow and an eyeliner and its brilliant. Even on my watery eyes this just doesn't budge! It also works well as an eyeshadow base. If Mac Paint Pots worked half as well as this does i'd buy them all!





Look at that pigmentation and shine. The swatches above aren't even heavy. The colour pay off is fantastic.


As you can maybe tell, I love this product and will definitely be picking up more, if I can find them in stock! Also, one of the best things about these is the price...£4.99 and they're in the 3 for 2 at Boots. You really can't lose!


Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment