Sunday, 15 July 2012

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain...

I just couldn't resist picking up one of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains on a recent trip to boots. After hearing so much about these, I was interested to see if they lived up to the hype. I got one in the shade Honey.




The obvious comparison to make with these is with the Clinique Chubby Sticks but given that I don't own any of these, I can't comment on formula etc. From what I've seen though, packaging wise, they're pretty close.


This is a crayon style product that you wind up and I believe they're designed to be a long lasting, balm, gloss, lip stick hybrid.




I didn't find that this stains my lips, not really anyway, however, the lasting power of this is absolutely brilliant. I had it on the other day and it survived that ice cream I just had to eat and that was after wearing it for around 3 hours already.


I find that the finish of this is that of a glossy lipstick. Pigmentation is excellent, its far more pigmented than any balm i've ever come across. Initially, the formula was a little sticky on me which I didn't expect. This soon disappeared though and it wasn't enough to be off putting.


Honey is a lovely rosy pink colour. At a first glance it looks quite natural but it's actually quite a strong pink and its actually quite a lot stronger on my lips than in the swatch. 




I should also say that this product has the strangest smell. Not bad, but strange, kind of like mints and trees (if you can imagine that!)


Boots currently have an offer on for these where they cost £5.99 saving you £2. I do think that these are a bit over priced, something I think about all Revlon products though. Saying that, I do like this and the effect it gives on my lips.


Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment