Friday, 13 July 2012

MAC Painterly Paint Pot Has Changed My Mind...

Well, its not often that I admit that i'm wrong...ok so I never admit that I'm wrong...even now i'm not admitting it...lets just say, I was mistaken...I spoke too soon...


You may have seen a previous post that I did on the blog about my MAC Paint Pot in Quite Natural. In this post I said that while I like the product, it creased on me and I didn't get the big deal that people make about these as an eyeshadow base. Well, I have officially been converted by, you guessed it, the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly.



I actually swore to myself that I wouldn't get this. I don't even know what happened. My beloved Estee Lauder double wear eyeshadow base had finished and I was near a MAC store and I just figured, oh why not. I am so glad I did. 




I don't really want to ramble on too much about this since it has been talked about so much but I will say that this has really impressed me. The texture is slightly more sticky than the other paint pots i've seen and I think that's why this has surprised me. Its a great eyeshadow base. The neutral colour means that it doesn't do anything to the actual colour of my eyeshadow, just acts as a layer onto which the shadow can stick. 




You can see just how neutral this really is. I also quite like this by itself on my eye lids as it takes away any discolouration and instantly makes me look fresher.


I was also really surprised that this doesn't crease on me. It stays where I put it which was surprising considering this didn't happen with Quite Natural. I'll be honest, this works just as well as anything else i've tried to prolong my shadow wear time which surprised me, I just wasn't expecting it!


MAC Paint Pots cost £14.50 for 5g of product. At first glance, this is quite steep but to be honest for the length of time they last, its actually quite reasonable. 


Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment